One of the newer portions of Yvenna, the New Ward begins at the canyon’s edge, and sprawling back in the manner of a conventional city layout, with buildings and open-air streets. This district contains many of the city’s most important buildings and houses much of the aristocracy—both which relocated here in to avoid the space limitations of the wards below. In addition, a large population of citizens from lower classes call several districts in the New Ward home.
- The Eternity Spire: The Eternity Spire is a self-contained structure carved into the stone descending seemingly countless floors and thousands of feet to its terminus at the Well of Eternity. Though it (is the only structure that) spans all three wards of the city, its pinnacle is in the New Ward. The Spire can be split into four sections:
- The Cathedral of the Holy Voice: Located above ground in the New Ward, the Cathedral of the Holy Voice is where public services of worship are held. The exterior a dizzying array of swooping buttresses, and soaring towers constructed from white marble, and its interior a series well-lit apses, naves, and transepts decorated with elaborate frescoes and carvings.
- Mid Levels: The middle levels of the spire are designated as the living quarters and places of private worship and study for the clergy and their direct overseers.
- Lower Levels: The lower level contain the rooms of the Speaker, the Aurors, as well as the elite Eternity Guard that are assigned to their protection and to guard the Well.
- Omphalus: The lowest point of the Eternity Spire is contains the chamber of the Eternity Well, the gateway through which Archon speaks. The Well is closed off to all but the Speaker, and none are allowed to pass beyond the upper landing of the Omphalus to the long staircase spiraling into the darkness.
- The Archis: The primary government building of Calyth where the day-to-day activities of the Directory are carried out.
- The Abbey: The Abbey serves as both home and school for acolytes training to be full-fledged clergy. Located almost directly next to the Eternity Spire, the Abby has extensive gardens and orchards on its grounds.
- Library: A massive collection of tomes, scrolls, and other text both holy and secular: most materials are kept in the Archives, a restricted area, and the adjoining vault, which is said to contain restricted texts, including special rituals, etc.
Back: The Wards